Printable Quilting Stencils PDF - Easy Quilting on Paper!
Printable Quilting Stencils PDF - Easy Quilting on Paper! - Wandering Clover is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Instant Delivery Download
Instant Delivery Download
This product is a digital download, which means it will arrive within 2 hours via email.
If you run into trouble, please contact us for help!
If you're looking for an easy way to practice quilting, these printable quilting stencils were designed just for you! These are digital PDF paper quilting stencils designed for you to:
- Download - Purchase the stencils you like and download the PDFs immediately to your computer.
- Print - Print out these simple designs on paper as many times as you need on regular printer paper.
- Stitch - Finish your quilts easily with these quilting templates by placing one stencil on your quilt at a time.
Our printable quilting stencils are made for free motion quilting on a sit down sewing machine or longarm. "Push Quilting" like this is much easier and faster when you have a line to follow. Seeing the quilt stitching patterns allows you to focus on free motion quilting and getting your quilt done!
I've been quilting since 2005 and was thrilled by how fast I could stitch across each quilt stencil. In just 6 minutes, I'd stitched this pretty clover stencil across my quilt and was ready to line up the next row.
How to Quilt with Quilting Stencils on Paper
The steps to using these printable quilting stencils are very easy:
- Purchase one of our Printable Quilt Stencil designs.
- Download the PDF file to your computer. Note - This product is only available as a digital download.
- Print out the quilting stencils onto US Letter sized paper. Check your printer settings to make sure the document prints "actual size" so the quilting designs are printed the proper size.
- Print 20-40 copies of Page 2. You'll need lots of copies of the design page because you're going to quilt through the paper and your quilt at the same time.
- Trim off the extra quilting paper around the stencil using the dashed lines as a guide.
- Piece your quilt top, layer it with batting and backing fabric, and pin to create a quilt sandwich.
- Place the paper stencil on your prepared quilt and remove a few pins so it lays flat. Start quilting in the middle on big quilts or on the edge for smaller quilts.
- Quilt along the quilt stencil patterns in the direction that feels most natural to you. I like left to right.
- Tear away the quilted paper to reveal your beautiful quilting design.
Simple Stitch Patterns for Quilts of All Styles
Each of these Printable Quilting Stencils are continuous line quilting designs. Continuous line means the design starts and stops in the same horizontal line. You can keep quilting by placing another paper stencil right next to the first and the design will continue seamlessly.
All of the designs sold on this page are quilting stencils for beginners. They are designed with wide spacing between the lines of quilting so your finished quilt will feel soft and cuddly.
This method of quilting designs in rows across your quilt is called Edge to Edge Quilting. This is a popular style of longarm quilting, and now you can make your quilts look like they were longarm quilted with your home machine!
Yes, these quilting designs are very easy to memorize with a little practice. By following the marked line of the quilting stencil, you'll quickly be able to learn the rules of the quilting design. In time, you'll be able to quilt these designs without using templates for quilting.
But honestly, I found quilting on the paper stencil saved lots of time. I didn't have to think about where I was quilting next or where I would fit in that next flower shape. It allowed me to quilt quickly and to focus on making nice stitches with my sewing machine.
I have all of these free motion quilting designs memorized, but plan use these printable quilting stencils now because they save so much time!
Tear Away Quilting Stencils
One thing you honestly may not like about using the paper quilt stencils is tearing the paper away. On a small quilt, I found the process took about 30 minutes and was the perfect excuse to watch Cinderella with Betty. Follow these steps for quickly getting rid of these tear away quilting stencils:
- Roll the entire quilt into a ball with the paper to the inside and give it a good squish.
- Unroll, then ball it back up with the paper to the outside. This presses the paper against your stitches and begins to tear the paper away.
- Working one quilted stencil at a time, tear the paper away from your stitches. If you followed steps 2 and 3 above, the paper will already be loosened and won't stress your stitches.
- Don't agonize about every speck of paper. A quick wash in your washing machine and all the tiny bits will wash out!
Tips for Quilting with our Printable Quilting Stencils
- Use normal printer paper - 20lb copy paper - works great! You don't need to spend extra on super thin or specialty paper.
- Move your hand slowly to create tinier stitches. The right stitch length for quilting is really in the eye of the beholder. Smaller stitches help rip the paper and make tearing away the stencils easier.
- Line up the stencils across your quilt to know how many you will need to cover your entire quilt. Print and trim the extra paper off all of your stencils before you get started quilting. This saves you from having to stop and do it later. You'll be surprised just how fast your quilting can go with these paper stencils!
Do you have a suggestion for a beginner design you'd like to quilt on paper? Let us know the designs, shapes, or fun motifs like flowers, hearts, or leaves, that you'd like to see in a quilting stencil.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Would you like to try quilting on a frame?
Wish machine quilting felt easier? Ready to give longarm quilting a try? Compare Grace Company's Affordable Longarm Machines and find the perfect machine for your space and budget!
Little Rebel Large Throat Sewing MachineView details
Q'nique 16X Manual Grace Quilting MachineView details
Qnique 16X Longarm MachineView details
Q'nique 16X Elite Longarm Quilting MachineView details
From $ 2,699.00
Unit price /
From $ 3,999.00
Unit price /
From $ 4,799.00
Unit price /
From $ 5,799.00
Unit price /