Lightweight Fusible Web 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 Fusible Web Sheets
Are you dying to create whimsical applique quilts, but feel stuck by the time and tedium of turned edge applique? Jump into a new world of fast, fusible applique with Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 fusible web.
This thin, pressure sensitive, paper backed web is designed to permanently bond sheer, lightweight fabrics. This material creates soft appliques for quilts and clothing that are machine washable and wear beautifully.
Leah used this fusible web to create the Dancing Butterfly Quilt!
To make this quilt, you will need 3 packs of Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 to fuse all twelve butterfly wing and body shapes.
How to Use Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 fusible web:
- Trace your shape on the grid side of the fusible web
New! You can also now print directly on the grid side of the fusible web using a ink-jet printer!
- Cut out the shapes roughly, leaving around 1/4-inch of extra web and paper all around the shape. Remove the plain paper on the back side of the web and stick it to your fabric.
- Press with a hot, steam iron for 3 seconds, then cut out the shape exactly on the the traced lines.
- Remove the grid paper and place the applique where you want it. Press again with a hot, steam iron for 10-15 seconds for cotton fabrics. Adjust temperature and pressing time to suit your fabric. Repeat, slightly overlapping pressed areas until complete.
- Machine wash and dry at low heat or dry-clean.
Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 is the best fusible web for applique because it's lightweight, fuses securely, and won't gum up your needle as you quilt over your applique shapes!